hi, everyone.
大家好。 i'm diane brady.
我是黛安·布雷迪。
i'm here with my colleague, louisa kroll, executive editor, all things wealth.
我和我的同事路易莎·克罗尔(Louisa Kroll)一起来的,她是《财富万物》(All Things Wealth)的执行主编。
hi, louisa.
嗨,路易莎。
we're talking about rihanna.
我们谈论的是蕾哈娜。
well, actually, it's rihanna.
嗯,实际上,她是蕾哈娜。
rihanna.
蕾哈娜。 everybody corrects me all the time when i say rihanna.
当我说蕾哈娜时,每个人都纠正我。
and it's only because, you know, i've edited several stories on her over the years.
只是因为,你知道,这些年来我编辑了几个关于她的故事。
and i looked it up and i listened to her talk about it one time.
我查了一下,有一次我听到她谈论这件事。
and, you know, she's very chill.
而且,你知道,她很冷。
she doesn't care if you call her rihanna, rihanna.
她不在乎你是否叫她蕾哈娜,蕾哈娜。
susan, suzanne, rihanna, rihanna.
苏珊,苏珊娜,蕾哈娜,蕾哈娜。
exactly, exactly.
完全。 potato, potatoe, but it is rihanna.
土豆,土豆,但这是蕾哈娜。
rihanna fenty.
蕾哈娜·芬蒂(Rihanna Fenty)。
we know her last name is fenty.
我们知道她的姓氏是 Fenty。
she doesn't combined it.
她没有把它结合起来。
it would be robin fenty.
这将是罗宾·芬蒂。
that would be robin fenty or rihanna.
这将是罗宾·芬蒂(Robin Fenty)或蕾哈娜(Rihanna)。
and she is what we do know is that she's doing the super bowl halftime show, which is interesting because the last album she dropped was 2016. so we're talking about
我们所知道的是,她正在做超级碗中场秀,这很有趣,因为她发布的上一个是在 2016 年。 所以我们在谈论。
am i right?
我说得对吗? is she the first billionaire to ever play as an artist?
她是第一位扮演艺术家的亿万富翁吗?
definitely.
真正。 she is definitely the first billionaire to ever get up on stage.
她绝对是第一位登上舞台的亿万富翁。
so that's going to be a lot of fun.
所以这会很有趣。
but the person that's probably most responsible for getting her back on that stage is jay-z, who is also a billionaire, but he's behind the scenes.
但让她重回舞台最负责任的人可能是Jay-Z,他也是亿万富翁,但他在幕后。
it's his rock nation that's, you know, putting on the super bowl show.
你知道,他的摇滚国家正在上演超级碗表演。
and they've been doing that for a number of years now.
他们已经这样做了很多年了。
so let's talk about where she gets her wealth from at this point, because she's got the beauty line, she's got luxury clothing, lingerie.
那么我们来谈谈她现在从**获得的财富,因为她有美容系列,她有奢侈的衣服,内衣。
how much of it actually comes from music?
他们中有多少人实际上来自?
well, let's just say that we don't count any of her music, you know, in her fortune.
好吧,我们只是说我们不把她的任何**计入她的财富。
none.没有。
is it still, it's 1.4 billion, right?
它仍然是 14 亿,对吧?
well, we right now estimate her around 1.4 billion.
好吧,我们现在估计她的身价约为 14 亿。
you know, could she h**e a little bit more that's from the music?
你知道,她能多听一点吗?
maybe.
或。 the vast majority of her fortune comes from fenty beauty.
她的绝大部分财富来自Fenty Beauty。
she actually started that beauty line in 2017. so right around the time that she, you know, pulled away from music for at least a while.
她实际上在 2017 年就开始了这个美容系列。 所以就在她离开**的时候,至少要有一段时间。
and that's a partnership with lvmh conglomerate.
这是与LVMH集团的合作伙伴关系。
you know, they're behind moet & chandon, louis vuitton.
你知道,他们是Moet & Chandon和Louis Vuitton的幕后推手。
it's basically run by the world's richest person, bernard arnault.
它基本上由世界首富伯纳德·阿尔诺(Bernard Arnault)经营。
he's been trading places with elon musk for the last...he's held on for a few weeks now.
他最后一次与埃隆·马斯克(Elon Musk)交换了位置。 他已经坚持了几个星期了。
so bernard arnault is right now the richest by, you know, a kind of sizable margin.
所以伯纳德·阿尔诺(Bernard Arnault)是现在最富有的人,你知道,他是一个相当大的差距。
musk is finally starting to pick back up, but we'll see with that.
马斯克终于开始复苏了,但我们拭目以待。
but, you know, he wooed rihanna and got her to, you know, do this partnership.
但是,你知道,他向蕾哈娜求爱,并要求她,你知道,做这个伙伴关系。
she owns 50%.
她拥有50%的股份。
the sales h**e been doing very well.
销售业绩一直很好。
sales actually doubled in the past year.
去年的销售额实际上翻了一番。
we're not entirely sure.
我们并不完全确定。
this is for the cosmetic line.
这是针对化妆品系列的。
for the cosmetic line.
用于化妆品线。
penty beauty.
Penty 美女。 so that's the largest portion of her wealth.
所以这是她财富的最大部分。
yes.是的。
what about the lingerie?
内衣呢? her lingerie, we figure, is probably worth around $300 million.
我们估计她的内衣可能价值约3亿美元。
again, it's lingerie, it's done incredibly well.
再说一次,这是内衣,做得很好。
you know, she raised money at a billion valuation, but it is about a third or no, actually probably more like a fourth the value of the beauty line at this point.
你知道,她以 10 亿美元的估值筹集了资金,但这大约是美容产品线价值的三分之一或更少,实际上可能更像是美容产品线价值的四分之一。
but both, i mean, you know, to be her age, to h**e this kind of success in two different businesses when really she made her name initially in music is just really kind of unheard of.
但我的意思是,你知道,在她这个年纪,在两个不同的行业都取得了如此成功,而且她最初确实在这个领域声名鹊起,这真的是闻所未闻的。
yeah, she's one of, i think, last i checked, i don't know if she's the second or third, but she's certainly one of the top selling female artists of all time.
是的,我认为她是其中之一,我不知道她是第二还是第三,但她肯定是有史以来最畅销的女艺人之一。
i believe so.
我相信是的。
i don't, i know we're, when we look at the super bowl halftime shows, since we're talking about wealth, i know that one does not get paid to do these shows, but we've heard, you know, a little bit of rumbling about actually paying.
我不,我知道我们,当我们观看超级碗中场秀时,因为我们谈论的是财富,我知道人们做这些节目没有得到报酬,但我们听到了,你知道,一些关于实际付款的抱怨。
when you h**e somebody like rihanna, is she likely to be putting any money into this show?
当你有蕾哈娜这样的人时,她有可能在这个节目中投入任何资金吗?
i mean, there's got to be some cross promotional opportunities.
我的意思是,必须有一些交叉机会。
my guess is that she probably isn't directly.
我的猜测是她可能不直接。
you know, we've done this every year where we've kind of looked at, you know, who the super bowl performer is, what they're getting from it, the fact that they're not really getting paid anything.
你知道,我们每年都会这样做,我们看看谁是超级碗的表演者,他们从中得到了什么,他们实际上没有得到任何报酬。
and over the years, i mean, that's included everybody from jlo to lady gaga.
多年来,我的意思是,这包括从JLO到Lady Gaga的每个人。
and the weeknd was the only one that, you know, kind of said to us, actually, i'm putting in several million.
事实上,The Weeknd是唯一一家对我们说我投资了数百万美元的公司。
most of the time, they're pretty tight lipped about it.
大多数时候,他们对此守口如瓶。
the big brand that's sponsoring it.
赞助它的大品牌。
so pepsi did it for years, and this is going to be the first year that apple music is paying for it.
所以百事可乐多年来一直在这样做,这将是 Apple Music 为此付费的第一年。
but i imagine this is going to be quite a spectacle, so it'll be interesting to see exactly where the money's coming from.
但我想这将是一件大事,所以知道钱从哪里来会很有趣。
not that they'll ever share it with us, but i'm sure apple is putting quite a lot of money in, and she certainly has the money if she wanted to or needed to.
并不是说他们会与我们分享,但我相信苹果已经投入了很多钱,如果她想要或需要它,她肯定有钱。
let me ask you a question about why you don't count her music as part of her will.
让我问你一个问题,你为什么不把她**算作她遗嘱的一部分。
i mean, it's just so small.
我的意思是,它太小了。
it's around an era.
关于一个时代。
it's not that we don't or wouldn't.
这并不是说我们没有或不会。
it's just kind of too small when you're talking about how big the rest is.
当你谈论其余的有多大时,它有点太小了。
and we should probably, i mean, again, you know, maybe take it into account, you know, with all of these numbers, you know, we know that she owns 50%.
我的意思是,我们可能应该再考虑一下,你知道,有了所有这些数字,我们知道她拥有50%的股份。
we've been told that they do not break down what exactly the revenues are.
我们被告知,他们没有详细说明收入的具体细节。
so to be kind of conservative, we don't, we don't kind of, you know, push it up as far as we could, you know, she could be worth more like 1.5, or, you know, even 2 billion, depending on how aggressive people
所以保守一点,我们没有,我们没有,你知道,尽可能多地把它推高,你知道,她可能更值钱,比如 1五个,或者,你知道,甚至二十亿,这取决于人们的攻击性。
are about that fenty beauty valuation and whether lvmh would ever sell it, which i don't think they would.
关于Fenty Beauty的估值以及LVMH是否会**它,我认为他们不会。
but how much of the, is it rare to get a lot of wealth from the music itself?
但是他们中有多少人,从**本身就能获得很多财富是罕见的?
i mean, obviously you can own the rights.
我的意思是,显然你可以拥有这些权利。
you can get a lot more.
你可以得到更多。
so she's just come into it more.
所以她只是更多地投入其中。
it's just she hasn't really produced anything in a number of years.
只是她这些年都没真正做过什么。
2016. yeah, 2016. i mean, taylor swift, beyonce, you know, these are all women that are on our list of self-made women.
2016年。 是的,2016 年。 我的意思是,泰勒·斯威夫特(Taylor Swift),碧昂丝(Beyoncé),你知道,这些都是我们白手起家的女性名单上的女性。
it's a list that we started because
我们开始这个列表是因为:
we were quite frankly getting tired of just seeing old white men on our billionaires list.
坦率地说,我们已经厌倦了在亿万富翁名单上看到老白人。
and i said, why don't we start looking, why do we create this one billion barrier?
我说,我们为什么不开始寻找,我们为什么要制造这十亿个障碍?
let's start looking at just really successful women and seeing, putting a price tag on it or putting a valuation on it.
让我们开始关注真正成功的女性,并给她们贴上标签或评价她们。
and that's when we started to dig into, you know, some of these artists and their number of them that are on it.
从那时起,我们开始深入研究其中一些艺术家和他们的数字。
and, you know, they do get it from their earnings and they get it from touring.
而且,你知道,他们确实从收入和巡回演出中获得了这一点。
and i expect both taylor swift and beyonce to continue to move up those ranks.
我预计泰勒·斯威夫特(Taylor Swift)和碧昂丝(Beyoncé)的排名都会继续上升。
but again, i mean, nobody has had the entrepreneurial success that rihanna has had to this point.
但我想说的是,到目前为止,还没有人像蕾哈娜那样取得如此多的创业成功。
and obviously very much still an anticipated show.
显然,这仍然是一个值得期待的节目。
you know, we don't need new music.
你知道,我们不需要新的**。
she's got a pretty deep catalog of hits we'd love to hear.
她有很多我们想听的热门歌曲。
so look forward to it.
敬请期待。
thanks for joining us.
感谢您加入我们。
thank you.
谢谢。 thanks for h**ing me.
谢谢你邀请我。