meeting and gift-giving见面会和送礼。
useful expressions常用表达式。
见面和问候
1. hello, ms. chen. welcome to vancouver. it's a pleasure to meet you.
您好,陈女士。 欢迎来到温哥华。 见到你很高兴!
2. thank you, mr. bryant. it's nice to meet you, too.
谢谢你,布莱恩特先生。 我也很高兴见到你。
3. this is your second time visiting canada, is that right?
这是你第二次来加拿大了,对吧?
4. this is my first time coming to vancouver, and i'll be staying for almost a month.
这是我第一次来温哥华,我将在这里待将近一个月。
5. sorry i'm a few hours late. there was a traffic jam on the way over.
对不起,我迟到了几个小时。 来这里的路上堵车了。
6. my plane was delayed.
我的航班延误了。
7. no need to apologize! i'm just glad you're here.
你不必道歉!我很高兴你能来。
8. i understand you'll be participating in an executive training program while you're here?
我想你会在这段时间参加高管培训计划,对吧?
送礼
9. oh, before i forget, i h**e a small gift for you.
哦,我有个小礼物送给你,免得我忘记了。
10. oh, i almost forgot, this is for you.
哦,我差点忘了,这是给你的。
11. i hope you like it.
希望你会喜欢!
12. it's nothing, really.
真的只是一个小礼物。
13. it includes a porcelain teapot, six teacups and matching saucers.
里面有一个瓷茶壶,六个茶杯,以及配套的杯子和碟子。
14. i also brought you some oolong tea from the southern province of fujian.
我还给你带来了一些乌龙茶,这是一种来自南方福建省的茶。
15. i remembered that you're an **id coin collector, so i thought you might like it.
我记得你是一个狂热的硬币收藏家,所以我想你可能会喜欢这份礼物。
感谢和表扬礼物
16. i love oolong tea. thank you very much!
我喜欢乌龙茶。 谢谢!
17. you really shouldn't h**e.
你真的不必那么有礼貌。
18. it's a traditional chinese tea set! that's very thoughtful of you.
哇,这是传统的中国茶具!你想得太好了!
19. that's so kind of you. let me open it up...oh, a colorful african scarf!
你太客气了。 我打开它,看着......哦,一条五颜六色的非洲围巾!
20. it's lovely, thank you! i h**e a little gift for you, too.
真漂亮!谢谢!我还有一份小礼物送给你。
21. let me see...ah, a set of australian coins! they're beautiful!
我来看看......啊,一套澳大利亚硬币!太精致了!
22. that's just what i need for my collection! thanks!
我要收集这套硬币了!谢谢!